WHAT CAUSES ENGINE TO HAVE NO SPARK?

2002 Subaru Legacy

RadiantSandi

May, 15, 2012 AT 8:12 PM

Have had numerous issues with car over past 11 months: catalytic converter and number#2 - O2 sensor replaced, injector replaced, coil replaced, all new wires and spark plugs and NO SPARK! Won't turn over and we even did conductivity test. Battery ok as all lights come on.

{She was driving great after issues with passing emissions; check engine light came on after about 1,000 or so miles and then she died as I stopped at intersection and hasn't wanted to come on since.} Three weeks of frustration with just sitting in driveway. We even rented the tester from our local parts service and no codes showed!

HELP! Thanks, Sandi

hmac300

May, 15, 2012 AT 8:30 PM

I'm sending a pic along adn check the tings that i've pointed to with arrows. Any of htese could be bad as well as battery. Just because the lights work doesn't meant the battery is good enough to start the car. I am taking it that this car won't crank. Then if it cransk and won't start(run) get back with us.

RadiantSandi

May, 15, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

Thanks, when my son and chief "mechanic/diagnostician" lol gets home from work I'll give him this. If this doesn't cut it, we'll definitely get back to you!

RadiantSandi

May, 16, 2012 AT 3:25 PM

My son said to tell you he put in a new battery, checked everything else. It cranks but still won't start. Any other ideas hmac300?

hmac300

May, 16, 2012 AT 5:44 PM

Check the fuel pressure along with checking it while engine is shut down. If not have him go to the site here to check things for no spark. It's under how to repair andwill cover your system or similar.

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet