ALL 4 PARKING LIGHTS STAY ON EVEN WITH KEY OUT AND DRAIN THE BATTERY

2002 Subaru Forester

jabbie

October, 5, 2011 AT 8:10 PM

As in the question all 4 parking lights will not go off even with key removed

DrCranknWrench

October, 5, 2011 AT 8:52 PM

You may have a relay that is failed, the light switch has failed or is grounding out making the circuit complete even without switch on, a short in the, "ON" position circuit of the igniton switch or a bad control unit if you have Auto lamps.
In this post and the next are the wiring diagrams for the exterior light circuits.
Start with the headlight switch in the "OFF" position and see if it is putting out 12 V right out of the terminals of the switch. If it is, it probably is the switch that is bad.
Check in the same manner for each relay.
If you need anything else come back to us anytime.

DrCranknWrench

October, 5, 2011 AT 8:53 PM

Light Diagram

mattsky1

October, 8, 2011 AT 1:43 AM

Jabbie: this might have an easy solution. Most subarus have a rocker switch on top of the steering column, purpose is to turn on parking lights w/ ignition off, maybe the switch got turned on by accident.

DrCranknWrench

October, 8, 2011 AT 11:53 PM

I did dnot know that myseld. Thanks for the information.
Jabbie; if this is the problem and it works, please let me know so I can help other customers in the future.

Thanks very much.

Dr. C

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy