SATURN VUE SHUTS OFF

• x2006nzl
  • 2002 Saturn Vue

Hello all I have a V6 3.0L 2002 Saturn Vue AWD
Recently I was having problems with my radiator fan, it would not shut off so I swapped out ecms it shuts off on it's own however now I am having the following problem:
The engine gives me the codes
P0700-Transmission Control System Malfunction
P1780-Park/Neutral Position [PNP] Switch Circuit
P2105-Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System - Forced Engine Shutdown
P0335-CKP Sensor A Circuit Performance
and the engine shuts off, any idea what this could be I read it may be the crankshaft position sensor?
thanks

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 12:40 PM

• KHLow2008

Yes, crank position sensor is the likely cause. You need to get that checked first as engine performance trouble codes takes precedence over others.

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 2:04 PM
  • KHLow2008

If the problem was not there prior to swapping the PCM, recheck the PCM wire connectors. It could be a bad PCM as well.

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 2:16 PM
  • saturntech9

Just to add to this did you have any of this codes or problems before swapping the ecm?Also when it shuts off will it restart right away or do you have let it cool bfore it will restart?You can check the crankshaft sensor with a multimeter on those. Do you have a multimeter?Also those vues had issues with the throttle body asssemblies and the harness going to them.

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 5:20 PM
  • x2006nzl

Thanks for the help replaced crankshaft sensor, however with the other ecm I did 30 minuter relearn procedure and can get it to start, fans work normal etc, however no throttle and tansmission acts weird is there more relearn procedures required when using a used ecm for the 02 vue?

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 5:27 PM
  • saturntech9

The throttle relearn is you just turn the key to the run position position dont start and let it sit for about 1 min. That and the pass lock relearn are the only two I can think of. Did this used ecm come out of the same year etc vue?Also what if you put the old ecm back in does everything work normal again?Usually when those fans stay on its the fan relay sticking.

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 5:35 PM