LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS AN ONGOING GAS TANK/FUEL PROBLEM WITH THE

2002 Saturn SW2

MOINLAWSATURN

February, 22, 2012 AT 7:28 PM

There is a leak and according to a repair shop could be a variety of things from a cracked tank, seals, fuel pump which is attached to the gas tank or a fuel line also attached to the tank or pump. The estimated independent repair shop cost, if is the pump, is about $800.00. Is this price excessive?

Please advice since this vehicle belongs to my mother in law who is planning a tip to see her son who is coming back from Afghanistan (military). She is 74 yeras old, still drives well and is a long ride.

Thank you very much and any helpful advice is appreciated.

Son in law

fixitmr

February, 22, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

Check with other places or look online locally for come to you mechanic services like someone advertising on craigslist. WAY CHEAPER!

saturntech9

February, 22, 2012 AT 11:23 PM

Just to add to this one I only remember the sw model being made until 2001 model year and it has no known fuel leak issues. Are you sure its not a LW model?Because those have known fuel leak issues let me know so we can talk about it where its most likely leaking.

MOINLAWSATURN

February, 23, 2012 AT 2:04 AM

I want to thank you both, fixitmr and saturntech9. I'll find out more about the model. I'll be in touch.

God bless

saturntech9

February, 23, 2012 AT 2:09 AM

Keep me posted saturns are my speciality.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet