WARNING LIGHT ON RUNS ROUGH THEN RUNS FINE WHEN LIGHT GOES OFF

2002 Saturn Station Wagon

natthera

December, 9, 2011 AT 12:15 AM

Had car taken apart to fix another problem-week later car started shifting hard and warning light came on(car with wrench). Took back to shop-it stood for about 10 minutes and they then took it for test drive-no light no transmission problems. I drove it for about 2 weeks and same thing happened. I turned off car and then restarted still same problem-drove to shop and again they started it up and no light on and no shifting problem? Right now it is again running fine? What would cause car start shifting hard and warning light on-car with wrench inside and then problem solves itself.

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

fixitmr

December, 9, 2011 AT 1:49 AM

So what did the codes say?

saturntech9

December, 9, 2011 AT 2:03 AM

Just to add to this one most of the time its caused by a bad pressure control solenoid I have a replaced a ton of them for those very same symptoms. See what codes you have?Even though the light turns off there still should be a code in the computer. They even have a bulletin for this issue thats how common of a problem it is.