WON'T START AFTER DYING; NO CODES

2002 Saturn Station Wagon

rfwheeler

November, 15, 2010 AT 7:47 PM

Eng starts when cold, runs for about 15 min; have fuel pressure, & compression on 2002 saturn lw300 won't start after eng. Dies; no codes. Will start and run after cooling down a bit. Any ideas?

November, 15, 2010 AT 7:54 PM

When the problem occurs, have helper crank it, while you visually check for spark at the plugs, you can use a known good spark plug or spark tester. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure.

saturntech9

November, 15, 2010 AT 7:55 PM

It sound's like a bad crank shaft sensor so you have no code's?If it die's and won't start you will have to test the crank sensor when it doesn't start. If you personal message me on here with your email adress I will send you detail's on how to do that. Please personal message me otherwise I probably won't know ou responded to me on your posted question.

rfwheeler

November, 15, 2010 AT 9:18 PM

I am using a Actron ODB ll PocketScan. I am now getting a "no link" indication for a read out. I disconnected the ECU (computer) cleaned it with electronic cleaner. Put the 2 cables back on. Car won't start at all now and I get only no link on the scanner. I think the computer may be blown. Any other Ideas?

saturntech9

November, 16, 2010 AT 7:24 PM

So you sprayed electronics cleaner on the ecu?Or the connector's to the ecu?Also have you checked all the fuse's for power to both side's of them?Also you had a link to the scan tool before the cleaning?Have you tried the scan tool on a another car?Did you make sure the connector's fully closed and seated all the way?A lot of the time those connector's come apart when you open them.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe