COOLING ISSUES

2002 Saturn SL1

usnavychief41

August, 23, 2011 AT 3:55 PM

I have a 2002 Saturn SL1 and the other day while making a short stop on the way home from the airport it began getting very hot and the AC was blowing hot as well. Shut off the car and after about 30 minutes started it up and it ran fine. Brought it home and looking at it, the fan in front of the radiator was not on when the car was running in park and the AC does not blow cold while in park. WHile in gear and drving it all seems to be ok

saturntech9

August, 23, 2011 AT 5:01 PM

With the ac on and ac compressor clutch engaged does the radiator cooling fan come on?Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?Sounds like you might have a bad radiator fan motor. Have you checked the 30 amp green maxi fuse in the underhood fuse box.

usnavychief41

August, 23, 2011 AT 8:18 PM

I troubleshot down to the cooling fan motor, replced and now all is good. Thanks for the reply! Do you have some Chevy experience? If so, how hard is it to chang eout the AC compressor? I have a freon leak somewhere and someone that my wife took the truck to said it was at the compressor.

saturntech9

August, 23, 2011 AT 9:05 PM

I need the model engine size etc and I will get you the info on changing the compressor on your chevy.

Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet