MY HEATER DIDNT WORK WHEN I GOT THE CAR AND I ...

2002 Saturn L300

Anonymous

November, 28, 2012 AT 5:43 PM

My heater didnt work when I got the car and I think its the heater core but I dont know for sure and I didnt want to buy the part till I had any other ideas of what might be wrong and a few days ago my car started running hot when idling and the fan kicks on but it doesnt cool it off and it just keeps getting hotter. Please help

autotech53

November, 28, 2012 AT 6:03 PM

CHECK THE THERMOSTAT FIRST THEN CHECK THE HEATER HOSES TO THE CORE ONE HO GOING IN THE SECOND HOT COMING OUT.

saturntech9

November, 28, 2012 AT 8:50 PM

To add to this one both hoses going to the heater core at the firewall should be so hot you cant hold them when the engine is at normal operating temp. Make sure there isnt oil in the coolant in the coolant bottle also when the engine is at normal temp the upper and lower radiator hoses should be too hot to hold that will tell you the thermostat opened and coolant is circulating.

Replace Heater Core
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro