CAN AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM WITH THE TURN SIGNAL DO DAMAGE TO PARTS OF THE CAR?

2002 Saturn L200

Diondra1

October, 3, 2011 AT 4:39 PM

I can't turn my bright lights off. Every time I use my turn signal the bright lights come on with the turn signal. The front bulbs have already started to burn out and the socket is damaged too. Even without the key in the ignition the brights stay on. It's draining my battery and I had to get it jumped this morning. Now the radio doesn't work. It's been going on for about 2 weeks now.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:17 PM

It sounds like the switch itself is bad.

saturntech9

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:36 PM

Just to add to this one those cars are known for bad head light turn switches doing exactly what your describing. Those switches are pretty cheap I would change it right away because your already doing extra damage sounds like from not changing it. Just make sure if you have auto head lights you get a switch that has them also. Also if you dont have auto head lights make sure you get a switch without them. The switch is easy to chage you just unsnap pop the upper steering cover off. Then unplug the switch then squeaze in the two retaining tabs and slide up and out the switch.

saturntech9

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:40 PM

Iam sorry I miss spoke the switch slides straight out after sqeausing the two retaining tabs.

cadieman

October, 3, 2011 AT 5:53 PM

Youll need to remove the negitive cable at the battery. When your not using the car to stop the battery from going dead. Untill you get it fixed.

saturntech9

October, 3, 2011 AT 6:34 PM

Better yet just unplug the two high beam head light bulbs till you get it fixed. Thats what would do.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro