Symptoms indicates the fan motor is failing and replacement is due.
Part of the rmoval procedures are as per previoud post regarding the removal of the wiper assy.
9. Remove the frame around the ventilator fan, 2 clips and 2 nuts on front edge.
Fig. 55: Illustration For Step 9-11
10. Remove the wiper arm bracket over the ventilation fan, 3 bolts.
11. Remove the bolted stay.
12. Remove the cover over the ventilation fan, 2 bolts on front edge and 2 bolts on rear edge.
Fig. 56: Illustration For Step 12-14
13. Free the cable harness from the cover over the ventilation fan (fastened with clips).
14. Cut the cable tie and detach the connector to the ventilation fan. Detach and extract the connector from the cover.
Be careful that the pollen filter is not damaged during removal.
15. Bend forward the bulkhead panel slightly to make it easier to remove the fan from the bulkhead partition space. At the same time, lift the fan and angle it towards the dismantled stay in order to remove it from the bulkhead partition space.
Fig. 57: Illustration For Step 15
For installation, reverse removal procedures.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 AT 5:03 PM