I managed to get the removal procedure for the resistor and here they are.
Blower Motor Resistor
Removal and Replacement
1. Put the air recirculation flap in position OFF with ignition in LOCK position.
2. Remove the 3 screws at lower panel from the driver's side.
3. Remove the 3 data link connector screws and detach the leads to the floor lighting.
4. LHD: Detach the accelerator cable from the accelerator pedal.
5. LHD: Remove the 2 nuts holding accelerator pedal.
6. Remove the glove box. Remove the trim from the side of the centre console.
7. Loosen the two front connectors above the filter cartridge. Unplug the contacts from the plate and cut the cable tie.
8. Remove the wiper arms with special tool 85 80 144 Puller, windscreen
9. Remove the rubber seals from the wiper spindles.
10. Remove the rubber moulding along the edge of the bulkhead and loosen the clips on one side. Place the rubber moulding on one side.
11. Loosen the cover over the bulkhead partition space (fastened with clips) by lifting it carefully forwards so that it is released from the windscreen. Hold the wire to the bonnet release to one side and lift the cover backwards towards the windscreen.
NOTE: Take care when remove the clips.
12. Loosen the clips holding the front edge of the water shield with a
screwdriver. Lift off the water shield.
13. RHD: Remove the wiper assembly and unplug the connector.
14. Pull up the wiring harness including rubber seal and cut the cable tie.
NOTE: Make a note of the position of the wiring harness.
15. Press down the wiring harness on the other side, including the rubber seal to the control unit.
16. Remove the 2 bolts holding fan control unit with water protector.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, March 7th, 2011 AT 7:47 PM