NON STARTING 93

2002 SAAB 9-3

just1979

April, 26, 2011 AT 8:57 PM

I have a saab 93 on a 52plate. Randomly wont start, had been running fine.I put the key in the ignition and turn it to comlpete the check at this stage the radio comes on and states 'check ok' but, it didnt and the engine management light came on and also states ' abs malfunction'. I tried to turn to key further to start the engine but, it just clicks. I could turn my lights on so this leads me to believe that the battery is ok even though the radio doesn't come on. Please do you have any ideas?

mnthny4

April, 29, 2011 AT 1:14 PM

OK IDEA 1, DID YOU CHECK YOUR POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE & BATTERY CONDITION, NOTE BATTERY CAN HAVE A BAD CELL, AS U SAID IT CLICKS, SO THAT MEANS YOUR STARTER IS GETTING VOLTAGE & SIGNAL BUT NOT ENOUGH VOLTAGE, SO AGAIN CHECK BATTERY CABLES & BATTERY CONDITION, IS IT THE ORIGINAL TYPE CABLE OR SOME AUTOZONE TERMINAL END REPLACEMENT BATTERY POST END FITTED, AS PER ABS MALFUNCTION INDICATOR GET THE CODES READ, NOTE U WILL NEED A TECH2 SCAN TOOL FOR THIS, SO U MAY NEED TO TAKE TO DEALER, BUT NOTE IF U GET IT STARTED UP & THE ABS, BRAKE LIGHTS ARE ON THEN U HAVE A MAJOR ISSUE WITH ABS HYRAULIC UNIT, WHICH INTURN WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED OR REPAIRED, GOOD LUCK.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right