CONVERTIBLE WIRE CAME OFF NEED TO KNOW WHERE IT GOES

2002 Renault Megane

bogratt

March, 3, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

Hi - a wire came off in the hood compartment on my 2002 Renault Clio 1.6 16v Privelege and I have no idea where it goes - anyone have any idea where it goes? It looks like a pressure switch of some sort which probably registers when the cover closes. Thanks in advance! Picture attached

fixitmr

March, 3, 2012 AT 2:55 AM

Is it a microswitch? Looks like it. Is there any malfunction with top?

fixitmr

March, 3, 2012 AT 7:53 AM

Is it like on 1 side and there may be identical unit on other side?

bogratt

March, 3, 2012 AT 12:44 PM

Hi - yes it is a micro switch and is only on 1 side. Therr is no wire like that on other side of car. The roof does not work anymore

bogratt

March, 6, 2012 AT 5:50 PM

Any luck with this?

fixitmr

March, 6, 2012 AT 7:54 PM

Not so far. Was the top working ok before? Have you tried closing switch and operating top?

bogratt

March, 6, 2012 AT 8:20 PM

Yes it still does not work but that may be unrelated a it was broken before this wire came off. I was trying to reset the roof when I noticed the wire had been bumped off. All I need to know if where the wire goes - where it is meant to be attached to

fixitmr

March, 6, 2012 AT 10:19 PM

You may have to find another similar vehicle to compare.

fixitmr

March, 6, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

And actually that wire looks long enough to reach up into roof assembly?

bogratt

March, 20, 2012 AT 12:00 AM

I do not think it goes onto the roof assembly - it must be connected close to back near where the metal cover closes. It definately runs back towards the back of car

rivermikerat

April, 2, 2012 AT 1:34 AM

Is this in the front engine compartment area, or the rear, trunk/boot area where this wire and switch were found? That switch is a limit switch, a type of switch used to shut off power to a motor when a moving unit has reached a specific point, such as a sliding seat belt or a convertible top.

Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy