I HAVE A GTP AND THE RIGHT FRONT TIRE SEEMS TO BE "JUMPING" ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE?

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

dsalazar

January, 14, 2012 AT 5:42 AM

When u start to accelerate the right front tire seems to bounce and the cv joint hits the frame. I have replaced the cv joint but no luck, my abs light also turns on and the traction control turns off. Also where the cv joint enters the transmission it got alot of play.
thanks for your time.

Wheel Assembly

Left Wheel Drags

ProAutoTech

January, 14, 2012 AT 5:49 AM

Jumping tire- bad strut(most likely), loose control arm bushings, bad tie rod, bad ball joint, bent wheel, bad wheel bearings. What do you mean a lot of play where it enters the transmission? In and out or up and down. If it is moving up and down, it should be leaking fluid, is it? If so, that's bad mkay?

dsalazar

January, 14, 2012 AT 6:24 AM

Its not leaking fluid but it is making cut marks into my frame. So im guessing its moving up and down. Is there anyway I could get a diagram to look further into it?
Also tomorrow I could send some pics if that would help in any way. Much appreciated.

ProAutoTech

January, 14, 2012 AT 6:27 AM

Send me pics

dsalazar

January, 15, 2012 AT 3:15 AM

I Have a two pics for you. Hopefully it helps at all.

ProAutoTech

January, 15, 2012 AT 4:14 AM

I can't see where or how its hitting the frame

dsalazar

January, 15, 2012 AT 5:53 AM

In the first picture where my hand is, that cylinder is whats hitting the frame.

mhpautos

January, 16, 2012 AT 4:02 AM

Worn or broken engine mounts possibly, wort looking into.

dsalazar

Ok. Thanks. Thats What A Couple People told me. But thanks for the say so.

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Replace Tie Rod End