MY ENGINE STARTS TO VIBRATE AT 65 MPH

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

justagirl8511

October, 14, 2011 AT 6:04 PM

My car starts to vibrate at 65 m.P.H. But stops when I let off the gas. Ive replaced the intake manifold gaskets, the right hub bearing and right tie rod end ive also replaced the sparks and the wires as well as fuel filter. Ive had my cv joints checked out and ive also had my tires balanced and rotated. Ive also checked my harmonic balance as well and its good. Dont know what else to have looked at its an expensive guessing game. Oh and when I do gun my car it smells like rotten eggs ive had the catalitic converter looked at as well

fixitmr

October, 14, 2011 AT 6:23 PM

Does it get worse as you go faster than 65?

fixitmr

October, 14, 2011 AT 8:14 PM

My experience has been bad axles(inner cv) shake when accelerating/driving, stop when let off.

justagirl8511

October, 14, 2011 AT 11:03 PM

I have had my cv joints looked at and they said they were fine. It accelerates just fine but once I hit the 65 mph it starts the shaking u can see it in the dash the vibration in the mirrors and the steering wheel and the gas peddle. When I stop no shaking or vibration. I can set it on cruise control and u dont feel the vibration it does get worse the faster I go

fixitmr

October, 15, 2011 AT 12:18 AM

Did this develop gradually getting worse or was it a sudden dramatic change?

justagirl8511

October, 16, 2011 AT 6:07 AM

It was running fine drove 9 hrs home did real good except when going up mountains had that nasty smell but no shaking or anything. But like 3 months later I took it out of town and it did the vibration. When im driving and im going right into the acceleration not just gunning it. It will grow with the speed. But if I gun it. Boom the vibration starts. Im actually taking it to a mechanic tuesday so hopefully they will figure it out. I will post a message just incase they figure it out and someone else has the same problems they can get it fixed with out having to sell off their arm or leg. : )

fixitmr

October, 16, 2011 AT 4:49 PM

Hopefully if need be they will actually test drive it to help in their diagnosis.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Engine Mount Replacement Chevrolet Cavalier