MY CAR SHAKES ALL THE TIME

2002 Pontiac Grand Am

sonigal24

May, 24, 2012 AT 1:01 AM

When I am waiting at a stoplight the rpm almost drops to zero. I'm wondering why that is? When I am at a stoplight, the car shakes rough for about two seconds and then the shaking stops. I feel like its some sort of electrical problem because even when I use the window switches or turn on the air, it triggers that rough shaking for about two seconds. When I am stopped the car steadily shakes, the steering wheel and the whole dashboard, but when I put the car on neutral it's as silent as a library. But there are sometimes when I turn the air on or use my window switch, there is heavier shaking on top of the steady shakes. I ran codes on my car and I got a random cylinder misfire code but I'm not sure if that is what is causing all this random shaking and how to fix it.

saturntech9

May, 24, 2012 AT 1:12 AM

What is the exact number?Also have you made sure your battery cables arw clean and tight?Also had your battery and alternator tested?

sonigal24

May, 24, 2012 AT 4:41 AM

I am not sure what the codes are I had it tested a while back in February. I haven't checked the cables but I got a new alternator and battery in January.

saturntech9

May, 24, 2012 AT 4:51 AM

No matter how new everything is I would still check it even brand new cars right off the car hauler can be broken I have seen that many times.

sonigal24

May, 24, 2012 AT 10:50 PM

Okay will do, thanks for your help!

saturntech9

May, 24, 2012 AT 11:35 PM

Your welcome keep me posted.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement