MY 2.0 L DIESEL IS NOT TURNING OVER BUT WOLL FRPM BUMP START PNLY WJEN ENGINE IS WARM

2002 Peugeot 206

dealandspin

September, 6, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

I have a problem with my 206 diesel

First of all it began to misfire, its turning but not firing, it only does this as the car has been running for longer than 10 mins, it will start from a bump start everytime, I took it to a Peugeot garage where they fixed the fault by changing the fuel pump, 3 weeks later and I'm back with the same fault
Louis

Jacobandnickolas

September, 6, 2012 AT 5:44 PM

CHeck to see if there is power to the starter.

dealandspin

September, 6, 2012 AT 5:56 PM

Thank you for the reply appreciated, as I'm a female nursery school teacher I'm not very advanced with cars so please could you explain in more detail what o should check, I have already spend around 400 pounds replacing fuel pump so I am trying to limit money o spend on it, in the mornings it will start and after work is when I keep turning on and off and going on long distance.
Will start from a bump start, will happen maybe twice a day where I'm turning key and its turning over but not firing, but sometimes will go straight away

Appreciated Louise

September, 7, 2012 AT 4:59 AM

Get back to the guy who recommended and replaced the fuel pump. Seems something is still wrong there. If a jump start works, it means either the battery is weak and not turning the engine fast enough for it to fire up or the starter is failing.

It can also mean the engine compression is lower than required.

You mentioned bump start, or is it a jump start? They make a difference.

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Starter Replacement