WHAT WOULD CAUSE CLUSTER/GAUGES AND CLIMATE CONTROL NOT TOO WORK AT THE SAME TIME? HAVE CHECKED THE FUSES.

2002 Oldsmobile Alero

Cunfuz

August, 29, 2011 AT 6:31 PM

Climate control and gauges all working fine, stop at store shut off car, come back start car no gauges working and climate contol not working, car seems to run fine.

September, 1, 2011 AT 1:27 AM

As far as the instrument cluster, I'd check for applicable trouble codes. Some of the national brand autostores used to check some codes for free.

Check fuses for instrument, below. Use a voltage tester. I'm not sure why the climate control stopped at the same time?

September, 1, 2011 AT 1:33 AM

Did you check for voltage at the fuse? The fuse usually has a bare spot over each leg, no need to pull fuse. One end of voltage tester goes on the bare spot, the other end touches metal ground. If both legs are hot, the fuse is good and there is voltage on the circuit.

Cunfuz

September, 1, 2011 AT 9:24 PM

No sorry havn't tried this, just seen the reply as of now, but yesterday morning started the car to go to work and everything was working again, but after work started car and same thing no climate control and no gauges, start it this morning to go to work and everything working, start at lunch everything working, start after work and not working? Could it be ignition switch (co-worker suggestion)

September, 2, 2011 AT 2:37 PM

It's possible. When the problem occurs, if the fuse that says, hot in run, is not hot, then I'd have to check the ignition switch.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911