OVERHEATED, OIL IS MILKY. CAN I SIMPLY DRAIN THE OIL OUT AND REPLACE AND TRY STARTING AGAIN?

2002 Nissan Altima

kpc2593

September, 28, 2011 AT 12:12 AM

Driving back home last night and the top of my radiator cracked on my 2002 nissan altima. I stopped upon seeing the temp gauge at the top and had my car towed to my home. I replaced the radiator today and upon starting the car, the car wouldn't turn over. Found out 2 of my 4 ignition coils went out so I replaced the 2, along with my spark plugs and the car started and ran for a good 3 minutes and then stopped on it's on. There was a massive amount of white smoke coming out the tail pipe while it ran for those 3 minutes. I checked the oil and found it was milky like and upon looking online people are telling me that water mixed in with my oil when my car overheated.

Did I blow my headgasket? Can I simply drain the oil and replace the oil and try again? The car won't start anymore.

September, 28, 2011 AT 12:36 AM

You have most likely blown a head gasket or cracked head. The white smoke is burning coolant.
Most likely pulling the head is a start to see the extent of the damage.

kpc2593

September, 28, 2011 AT 12:45 AM

But wouldn't the car not start after I replaced my ignition coils if my head was blow?

September, 28, 2011 AT 12:51 AM

It could depending on the cylinders involved. Anyway, you have major engine damage.

Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500