I JUST PURCHASED A USED 2002 NISSAN ALTIMA ABOUT...

2002 Nissan Altima

jennifervision

March, 10, 2013 AT 11:30 PM

I just purchased a used 2002 Nissan Altima about a week and a half ago. About 3 days ago the flex pipe broke. Yesterday my dealership took it to a mechanic to get it fixed. Upon pick up there was no one to really talk to there, only a gas attendant. Today after driving the car, there is a strong overheating smell and the heater is not blowing as hot as it did. The unusual thing is that the mechanic must have went into my trunk and used up 2 of my full antifreeze jugs and left them there empty. This is obviously some clue to the new overheating smell. Any info on what might have happened would be appreciated.

Flex Pipe

Flex Pipe

March, 10, 2013 AT 11:34 PM

Your dealership took it to a mechanic? Dont they have any techs to fix the car?

The smell may have been the coating on the new pipe that has to burn off.

Is the temp gauge reading high?

jennifervision

March, 10, 2013 AT 11:44 PM

Yes, it's a small used car place. I believe he took it to a mechanic he knew. The temp gauge was reading a bit higher than normal today. The fact is that someone used all my antifreeze, which normally would be a problem, except that today I am smelling a strong overheating antifreeze smell. Makes me think something was touched that shouldn't have been? I don't know. I don't know much about cars.

March, 11, 2013 AT 2:19 AM

Take it somewhere else and have them check it for you if that will make you feel better

Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20