ENGINE RUNNING LEAN

2002 Nissan Altima

clorox.bleach

December, 6, 2011 AT 5:54 PM

I'm having some problems with my car throwing various codes. First off, it always throws a code that my engine is running lean. Second, it says that I have a bad speed sensor and temp sensor. That's weird because I have a new speed sensor and thermostat in it. There are no vacuum leaks on the car as I know of. The oxygen sensors are brand new as well. (Are the oxygen sensors powered my fuses in the car? I noticed that I am missing quite a few fuses in the fusebox under the hood. Wasnt sure if that was normal.) I don't have the typical symptoms of a lean running engine like stalling, rough idle, and the such, but I do idle at around 400-500 rpms. The car drives fine except at highway speeds it j erks when letting off the gas pedal.

December, 6, 2011 AT 7:00 PM

Lean fuel condition could be caused by one of the following below: 1. Vacuum leaks

2. EGR and PCV valve.

3. Low fuel pressure.

4. Dirty fuel injectors.

5. Mass Air Flow Sensor.

6. Oxygen Sensor.

clorox.bleach

December, 6, 2011 AT 7:03 PM

Would it hurt anything driving the car when its lean?

December, 6, 2011 AT 10:07 PM

No its not, but computer thinks it needs gas and gonna keep feeding it-end of results fuel economy will be down

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus