1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove under cover. Remove all accessory drive belts. Rotate crankshaft clockwise so that No. 1 cylinder is at TDC of compression stroke. Holding crankshaft stationary, remove crankshaft pulley.
2. Place jack under engine. Support engine so there is no weight on engine mount bracket (timing belt end of engine). On vehicles equipped with A/C, move A/C relay box and drier assembly (hoses attached) out of way to remove engine mount bracket. On all vehicles, remove engine mount bracket-to-engine bolt and nut. Remove engine mount bracket-to-body through-bolt. Remove engine mount bracket.
3. Remove water pump pulley. Remove power steering pump and bracket with hoses attached, and secure out of way. Remove oil dipstick tube. Remove timing belt upper and lower covers. See Fig. 5.
4. Rotate crankshaft clockwise to align timing mark on camshaft sprocket with mark on cylinder head.
5. Remove Crankshaft Position Sensor.
Images (click to enlarge)
Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 AT 5:43 PM