1. Remove the fan controller connector. See Fig. 3 .
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Check for battery voltage between terminals No. 1 and 3. See Fig. 3 .
3. Reconnect the fan controller connector and disconnect the condenser fan motor connector. See Fig. 4 .
4. Ensure the A/C switch is off, and start the engine and rub at idle.
5. Measure voltage between the fan controller (side connector) terminals. Voltage should be 1V or less.
CAUTION: Stay clear of the fan when starts running.
6. Turn the A/C switch to the ON position.
7. Measure the voltage between the fan controller (side connector) terminals while the fan is running. The voltage should switch between 5.6 10.8V and battery voltage.
8. If the voltage does not switch as indicated, replace the fan controller.
Images (click to enlarge)
Sunday, July 22nd, 2012 AT 12:02 AM