WHERE IS THE COOLANT SENSOR FOR THE RADIATOR FANS?

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

medovel

July, 21, 2012 AT 5:04 PM

Radiator fans are not coming on. Replaced the fuse. Can you tell me where the coolant sensor for the radiator fans is? Thx.

hmac300

July, 21, 2012 AT 5:42 PM

Fan controller is on right front of engine compt, on fan shroud. Pic enclosed. You also have a relay in underhood fuse box that could be bad.

medovel

July, 21, 2012 AT 11:54 PM

Okay, I presume from your answer, coolant temperature sensor does not regulate the fans, and there should be hot/electric going into the fan controller at all times. (I did replace the relay - I said fuse, but meant relay.)

hmac300

July, 22, 2012 AT 12:02 AM

FAN CONTROLLER

1. Remove the fan controller connector. See Fig. 3 .
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Check for battery voltage between terminals No. 1 and 3. See Fig. 3 .
3. Reconnect the fan controller connector and disconnect the condenser fan motor connector. See Fig. 4 .
4. Ensure the A/C switch is off, and start the engine and rub at idle.
5. Measure voltage between the fan controller (side connector) terminals. Voltage should be 1V or less.

CAUTION: Stay clear of the fan when starts running.

6. Turn the A/C switch to the ON position.
7. Measure the voltage between the fan controller (side connector) terminals while the fan is running. The voltage should switch between 5.6 10.8V and battery voltage.
8. If the voltage does not switch as indicated, replace the fan controller.

hmac300

July, 22, 2012 AT 12:03 AM

Forgot a pic sorry

Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT