They have to be on lines
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Release the fuel pressure. For additional information, refer to FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE RELEASE .
3. Raise the vehicle. For additional information, refer to JACKING & HOISTING .
4. Remove the fuel filter.
1. Push the release buttons and disconnect the fuel tube quick release couplings from the fuel filter.
2. Loosen the clamp.
3. Remove the fuel filter.
Fig. 16: Removing Fuel Filter
Courtesy of FORD MOTOR CO.
CAUTION: Make sure the fuel tube clicks into place when installing the tube. To make sure that the fuel tube is fully seated, pull on the tube.
5. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Sunday, March 18th, 2012 AT 8:34 PM