ENGINE DIAGRAM NEEDED

2002 Mazda 6

bananajoe8

August, 24, 2012 AT 12:47 PM

I would like to install magnets on the fuel line for more fuel efficiency, as the car is a gas guzzler, but cannot find the fuel line where they need to be attached. Could someone please post a diagram, showing the fuel line, of the 2002 (or later) for the Mazda 6 to help me find the right location.
Thanx

August, 24, 2012 AT 1:10 PM

This is a process that barely has any results. I would not waste your money on the magnets as to recover the cost of them alone will be a long time.

Key to fuel economy is service and driver habits.

bananajoe8

August, 24, 2012 AT 1:30 PM

Roy,

Thank you for the advise, however I already have them and would still like to give them a try. The car is great but averages 10 lt./100km, with economical driving habits, which is very inefficient for European standards. Could you please help out with locating the gas line close to the engine.
Thanks again

bananajoe8

August, 24, 2012 AT 1:38 PM

Here is a picture of the engine. Perhaps it helps.

August, 24, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

The part circled in red is the fuel line. Look for a place between it and the firewall to clip on the magnet, though I don't understand how much it can help.

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement Ford
Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe