I NOTICED BRAKE FLUID ON MY FIREWALL BEHIND ...

2002 Kia Sportage

Anonymous

December, 29, 2012 AT 4:32 AM

I noticed brake fluid on my firewall behind where the Master Cylinder in mounted, took it off and replaced it with a new unit, bench bled it before mounting it, wiped some of the excess fluid out of the booster. Mounted the new MC pumped the brake pedal, held, and bled the reservoir lines. Full pedal, dry lines, then I start the engine and drive it for about 1 mile I come back and the reservoir is 1/2 empty, and its leaking out of the overflow. No brake fluid on the inside of all 4 wheels, dry on the firewall now. Only fluid I see coming out is from the overflow tube after driving. Please help? Thank you for any advice!

Excessive Brake Pedal Travel

Brake Pedal Sinking

December, 29, 2012 AT 4:42 AM

What overflow tube?

glennsmith

December, 29, 2012 AT 5:09 AM

There is a tube at the bottom rear R/S facing out. My old resevoir didnt have this tube made on it, and Duh.I think I will take the new resevoir and replace it with the old one, but I dont understand why the new one came with that tube. The part #'s were double checked for accuracy? What would that tube be for? Thanks Roy, I appreciate the reply! Glenn

December, 29, 2012 AT 5:12 AM

It was for one with a hydraulic clutch. Assembly

glennsmith

December, 29, 2012 AT 5:14 AM

You think switching reservoirs will do it?

December, 29, 2012 AT 5:15 AM

Yes it will. Be carefull removing the 2. They are tight fits

glennsmith

December, 29, 2012 AT 5:17 AM

Thank you sir, you guys are great! I appreciate your expert advice, have a great evening, you made my day! Glenn

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear