LEAKING COOLANT BELOW ENGINE

• ccourtright
  • 2002 Jeep Liberty

2002 Jeep Liberty, Leaking water below motor. Checked to make sure just water. Thought it may be coolant but clear liquid. AC and Defrost were off and hadn't been used. Cant seem to find where its coming from. Also, doesn't seem to leak when driving or when immediately shut off. Starts to leak on start up and a short period of time after I shut off engine. Any thoughts on where it could be coming from or causes?

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

• saturntech9

If its just clear water only things that sounds logical is water leaking from the ac drain. Maybe the drain is clogged and it leaks when the water in the ac box gets sloshed around.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 5:03 PM
  • ccourtright

I am pretty sure its just water. No smell and no color. It does have a little bit of slipperyness to it though. Does that matter?

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 6:11 PM
  • saturntech9

If there is no smell or color then its just water. See if your ac drain is clogged up.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 8:47 PM