HOW DO I USE SEAM FOAM ON THIS CAR? WHICH VACCUM LINE IS THE CORRECT ONE? AUTOMATIC

2002 Isuzu Rodeo

daverags86

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:01 PM

Need to know where to put sea foam besides gas tank and oil tank? How much to use on each part and which order to do them in?

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:05 PM

What iss ue do you have that you are using this?

daverags86

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:07 PM

Problem passing emissions. Code 0401 I believe. Says somethings wrong with the egr valve not getting good air circulation or something. I replaced egr valve and still wouldnt pass emissions

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:21 PM

Ok, the sea foam will not help this code. The pipe on the egr usually get clogged and must be removed and manually cleaned out of all carbon. The intake side needs to be cleaned as well.
The last thing is the egr controls need to be verifed as you dont know if the valve is being commanded open.

Lots to this code. A number never identifies a bad part, just a failed system.

daverags86

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:25 PM

Ok, well what do you suggest I do? I have taken it to auto zone to have them pull up the code and all they said was type the code in to google and it will tell you what's wrong. Needless to say they were not very informative or helpful by any means

April, 21, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

They are not techs, they are parts salesman. You bought a valve and that was there goal. Now it is your problem to have it repaired.
I suggest going to a real tech at a real shop to let them identify the failure for you.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L