PARTS

2002 Infiniti I35

Rettatheprophet

November, 27, 2010 AT 6:36 PM

I own a 2002 Inifinit 1-35. I need to replace the evap canister and vent control solenoid. I saw a Intermotor Vapor Canister online. Would this fix my problem?

November, 28, 2010 AT 8:22 AM

What is the reason for replacing the EVAP canister?

Rettatheprophet

November, 28, 2010 AT 1:26 PM

The check engine light was on- I was told by Pep Boys that the evap canister and vent control solenoid was rusted and needed replacement. Would the intermotor vapor canister fix this issue?

November, 28, 2010 AT 1:44 PM

The vapor canister is made of plastic so would not rust. Your concern would more likely to be the solenoid.

I have not used the intermotor vapor canister before so do not know if it would fit.

You need to diagnose the problem before changing parts, unless they are confirmed to be bad.

What was the trouble code retrieved?

Rettatheprophet

November, 28, 2010 AT 1:52 PM

Pep boys said that the part was rusted. It is causing the check engine light to be on. I saw a different part online- a vapor canister purge valve- Is this different from the evaporation canister or are the two the same part.
Dorman - OE Solutions Vapor Canister Purge Valve.