How to remove the alternator from an Infiniti G20 2002

MIRAGE78
  • 2002 INFINITI G20

I have everything removed but am having issues removing the bottom mounting bolt any pointers will help

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 10:21 PM

KELLY67

Every thing is loose but there's no room to remove alt bolt.

Sunday, May 21st, 2017 AT 6:20 PM
2CARPROS KEN

What does the lower bolt run into? Can you take a picture and upload it here?

Here is what Im am looking at (BELOW)

Please let us know.

Cheers, Ken

Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 AT 1:39 PM
CLOWDER
  • 1995 INFINITI G20

1995 Infiniti G20 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140, 00 miles

i had this problem originally 2 yrs ago. Car started going through alternators (and of course batteries) like mad. Went through a total of 4 in two months, including two that were 'official' rebuilts from infiniti that cost and arm and a leg and another leg. No one could ever find the underlying problem, although one mentioned something about the fusible link being 'worn.' Nothing was done about it as far as I can tell. The 4th alt was an infiniti rebuild and it lasted just barely 2 years, having crapped out this week, just 2 weeks past its 2 year anniversary. So naturally I installed a new rebuilt, replaced the fusible link wire, checked the necessary fuses, charged the battery and. It ran about 10 miles. Now the alt is out and being tested to see if it managed to get totally fried during its brief life and i'm back to wondering what in the hell is causing this problem. I have looked all over the web with no luck, except to have found two other people with the EXACT SAME PROBLEM (and whose questions have also received zero answers.)

Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 AT 1:40 PM (Merged)

Hi clowder, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Check all the fuses, test all the connector/wires for looseness,corrosion,opens and shorts, ground point G101connection for the alternator

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_c1_54.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_c2_46.jpg

+1
TEODIK_M
  • 1996 INFINITI G20

I have an Infiniti G20 made in 1996, the problem is charging the battery. I have replaced the alternator but still there is a short supply. Especially when the RPM is going down, I mean when I stop the car. What else can be the problem of short electricity supply?

KHLOW2008

Insufficient charging voltage are mostly due to a faulty alternator. If replacement is a reman unit, I would not discount the possibility of it being bad as well.

If you have squeaking noise from drive belt area when engine is running, check the harmonic damper. When the damper is faulty, it would slip on the crank pulley and this would reduce the alternator turning rpm and a lower than expected charging rate.

Ensure belt tension is correct.

GRANDES
  • 1994 INFINITI G20

1994 Infiniti G20 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

How to remove the alternator

ZACKMAN

Undo the battery cables. Remove the electrical connectors, 2 of them. You may have to remove the coolant bottle and upper radiator hose for more room. Locate the adjustment bolt, close to the belt. You have to loosen the nut, before loosening the bolt. Once it is loosened, remove the belt. Remove the adjustment bolt, and 2 pivot bolt on the bottom. Install is reversed.