HAVING A THROTTLE MALFUNCTION

2002 Hyundai Sonata

Garychevyy

May, 25, 2012 AT 10:52 PM

Hi! I hope you can Help Us.

My Daughter's 2002 4cyl. Hyundai Sonata is having a Throttle Malfunction. She was driving to Work at a Steady Speed when she heard a CLICK, Then was Unable to Accelerate as her car LOST Speed. This Lasted for 5 second, then she Thinks she Heard Another CLICK and Everything Fine again for about a Week, then EXACTLY the Same thing Happened Again One Week Later.

This has Happened Twice, and is SERIOUS Problem with Potentially Very Serious Outcome, So, my Wife and I Insisted she use our Sonata until We Resolve This. My Daughter is 40, so I Trust her Description of What is happening to car. Can You Please Help Us? THANK YOU!

May, 25, 2012 AT 11:21 PM

Have the computer scannned for OBD2 code/s and if any present post them -we start here-possibilities here could be TPS and MAF sensors

cadieman

May, 25, 2012 AT 11:25 PM

Ck the throttle cable at the petal and to the throttle body under the hood.

mhpautos

May, 25, 2012 AT 11:39 PM

I would be looking at a faulty throttle position sensor I would also do the scan first to check for any unresolved fault codes, remembering that not all codes will set a check light.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Air Filter Replacement
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge