5TH FUEL INJECTOR MISFIRING

2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

kellie0924

May, 5, 2012 AT 3:22 AM

My check engine light is on and when placed on a diagnostic machine it states that the 5th fuel injector is misfiring. I had the fuel injector replaced and the check engine light is still on and the same message came up again when placed on the machine. What could be causing this problem?

May, 5, 2012 AT 3:25 AM

A code number never identifies a bad part, just a failed system.

The wiring needs to be verified for power and grounds. Only after that has been confirmed is when you go to the injector and measure the resistense. In your case, your injector was most likely ok.

What was the code number?

kellie0924

May, 5, 2012 AT 3:32 AM

I don't remember the code. I just remember the guy telling me that the injector was misfiring and that it was affecting a sensor in the transmission. I was upset at the time because I had just replaced the fuel injector as I had been advised to do. I am trying to sell the vehicle and I was contacted by a gentleman and he told me that this was a common problem with Hyundais, that it has a burnt valve and that the engine needs to be torn down, and the heads resurfaced and I wanted to see if this was at all possible.

May, 5, 2012 AT 3:35 AM

Wow, thats out in left field.

You need to stop listening to people who are not qualified to give you info.

First, you need a compression test. Burned valves are not that common today.

The injector will not effect the trans.

Get this thing to a real shop before these people scare you to death with wrong possibilities.

kellie0924

May, 5, 2012 AT 3:41 AM

Thanks for the information, I didn't think that what he told me was true, as I said I am trying to sell it because I don't have the time or money to fix it and I felt like he was telling me that because he wanted me to buy it for a price that is way less than what it is worth.

Advice101

May, 5, 2012 AT 4:02 AM

I work at a hyundai dealership and never ran into something like that, without knowing what the actual code is it wil just be a guessing game. Have you done any tune ups on the vehicle? You might just have a bad spark plug or wire.

kellie0924

May, 5, 2012 AT 4:16 AM

Thanks for your response, I wish I had written the code down. I have had a tune up, replaced both spark plugs and wires.

May, 6, 2012 AT 3:53 AM

If the code returns, write down the number and get back to us

mikederouin88

May, 6, 2012 AT 5:27 AM

Was the code even erased after the repair?

May, 6, 2012 AT 1:39 PM

Try removing the battery cable to clear the as previously stated. See if the code returns. It may not be right away but drive it and see.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Pump Replacement