WHY ISN'T MY WINDOW GOING UP?

2002 Hyundai Accent

theBLONDE

April, 13, 2012 AT 11:23 PM

My friend rolled down my back right-side window toady, and I've had people roll down that window before, but it got stuck today. I tried to use the button, nothing happens, it sounds like something's breaking. My brother and I pulled up the window most of the way but I still would like to know the real problem and how to fix it. My uncle said it might be the window is off the motor track, the motor also might be broken, but I don't know what's wrong. Please help!

DrCranknWrench

April, 14, 2012 AT 12:13 AM

Your Uncle is correct. Either it is off the track or the track is loose. Remove the trim panel by taking the door handle off, a special tool may be needed. You can find it in, "HELP" section of any parts store for a few dollars, and then remove all trim screws. Some may be hidden behind covers which will require a small screwdriver to pop out to access screw. Some screws such as the door handle will need to be removed to take off the panel. The last thing holing the panel on will be body plugs which pull straight out and are genrally re-usable. Pull on trim panel gently and you will find them. Just pull as near the plug as you can and it will pop out. You may have to remove some plastic sound deadening material which can be re-applied wiith silicone. Once you do that you can visually inspect the tract and mounts to see what is loose. A magnetic pick up tool is helpful as there is probably some hardware in the bottom of the door that has come loose. This will also help you figure out what goes where. There are not any instructions I have that I can give you or diagrams for the inner tract. It is pretty simple as the window rides on 2 rails and that is stiffened by a brace.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta