SMOKE FROM UNDER THE BONNET FOR A MINUTE OR TWO AFTER COMING OUT DRIVEWAY.

2002 Hyundai Accent

kevinlecreedlewis

October, 12, 2012 AT 10:42 PM

When my car sits up my driveway and I bring it out some smoke appears from under the bonnet for a minute or two, but there is no smoke when it sits on the street level. It is a hyundai accent 2002.

DrCranknWrench

October, 12, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

What might be happeniong is that there is some pressure leakage when the car is turned off and when you start it it burns off. You should look for leaks of coolant especially near the exhaust manifold before you start the car. Hopefully it is just a bad radiator cap and a leak in the hose to the overflow reserviour or it might be overflowing the resoerviour. Make sure you check your fluid /coolant level when vehicle is cool.
If you have not serviced the anti-freeze in the last two years it is very important that you get it flsuhed out and filled as it is no longer anti freeze and can cause problems.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla