RE: A/C

2002 Honda Civic

dawnb

May, 24, 2012 AT 4:09 PM

Hello, 2 years ago I bought a 2002/ 4 Cyl/2-Door Honda Civic Coupe DX (now with 184,000 km) with the pre-requisite of having working A/C. It was Sept.2010 and I realized that the A/C was not functioning. My mechanic who also sold me the car said that he would take care of the problem the following summer. He tried topping up the freon but stated that it was a bigger problem: probably compressor related. It’s now a year later (I went through the entire summer last year with no A/C) and the problem is still not fixed. He’s claiming that when he sold me the car, the A/C was working (but it never has) and has said that a rock could possibly have hit the compressor and caused it to not function anymore. Is this at all a valid claim? I am a cancer survivor and the medication I take causes severe hot flashes (thus the need for the A/C). He promised me a car with working A/C but has not delivered. I think that he should cover all costs related to repairing the compressor. I’m looking for an educated opinion on the matter. Thank you very much, Dawn B.

A\c Problem

Air Compressor Help

1 IMAGE

saturntech9

May, 24, 2012 AT 4:52 PM

A rock hitting the compressor making it inop would be pretty rare. It would have to break it also there would be a mark from the rock cracked case etc. As far working ac that was promised I would have made him fix it before paying for the car. Now its been two years and sounds like he isnt going to live up to his end of the bargain. Especially since now he said the ac was working when he sold it. So unless he has a change of heart I dont know where you live but where I live you only have 1yr to take them to court.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe