2002 Honda Transmisson Question

RGOLOBIC
  • 2002 HONDA ACCORD
2002 Honda Accord 3.0 V6 Engine code P0780 - Everybody say Transmission rebuild? What Can I try before I have to commit to $3000 Dollars. Or can I tests some shift solenoid and figure out which one is the issues. And should I do a Power flush of the transmission?

Ryan
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 8:05 PM

DOCFIXIT
That code is hydraulic failure if no other codes try replacing Lock up control solenoid valve"A" assembly and A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve "A/B"Assembly no gauranty it will solve
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 8:26 PM
KHLOW2008
DTC P0780/45: MECHANICAL FAULT IN HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
NOTE:
DO NOT perform this DTC test until all other DTCs have been
repaired first.

1. Using scan tool, retrieve freeze data. Clear DTCs and road test vehicle under same conditions freeze data was recorded. If DTC returns, go to next step. If DTC does not return, problem is intermittent. Check transaxle and PCM connections.

2. Using scan tool, check for any other DTCs. If any other DTCs are present, repair those DTCs first, then recheck for DTC P0780/45. If no other DTCs are present, go to next step.

3. Replace lock-up control solenoid valve/shift control solenoid valve "A" assembly and A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve "A"/"B"assembly. See LOCK-UP CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE/SHIFT CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE "A" ASSEMBLY and A/T CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE "A"/"B" ASSEMBLY under REMOVAL & INSTALLATION.

4. Clear DTCs. Road test vehicle for several minutes in "D4" position. Ensure transaxle shifts into all gears. Recheck DTCs. If DTC P0780/45 returns, replace transaxle. If DTC P0780/45 does not return, system is okay.
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 8:27 PM
RGOLOBIC
How about the Linear Soleniod? Or would that not be necessary? Also, I can change these with out removing the transmission for the car right? And do I need to replace the transmission fluid or remove it to do this? And what should I look for?
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 8:40 PM
RGOLOBIC
The part number I have are for both is 28400-P6h-013. Is this the correct ones.
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 8:41 PM
RGOLOBIC
The code comes up intermitantly. Does not happen all the time? The code was clear one week ago and has not returned yet!
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 8:43 PM
RGOLOBIC
And By the way, This has been a problem since about February when it first appeared.
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 8:50 PM
RGOLOBIC
The part number I have are for both is 28400-P6h-013. Is this the correct ones. This is wrong. 28400-p6h-013 and 28500-p6h-013 o are the part numbers I have.
Thursday, December 16th, 2010 AT 9:02 PM
KHLOW2008
I could not find the part in our database so is unable to verify if it is correct.

It is not a fault with the linear solenoid. That would cause harsh shifting.
Friday, December 17th, 2010 AT 12:40 PM