KEY WILL NOT UNLOCK DOOR TO GET INTO TRUCK...WHY?

• Tink0572
  • 2002 GMC ENVOY

I was sitting in the truck with the ignition off and the doors locked.I went to get out and the alarm sounded.I put the keys in the ignition and turned until the alarm went off but did not start the truck.I got out and locked the doors. Now my keys won't unlock the door to get back in. Key just turns freely when put in. Did something happen and the security system locked me out? How do I unlock the door. No keyless remote

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

The security system can't prevent your key from working. To me, it sounds like the linkage for the lock has come apart or is damaged. Remove the door panel and check the linkage to the lock.

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 4:50 PM
  • Tink0572

Ok thank you. Can't remove door panel unless I can get the door opened. Guess I will have to call a locksmith

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 5:07 PM
  • Baro

Hey I just had the same problem right now how much did they charged you to open the door and wat was the problem?

Sunday, January 4th, 2015 AT 7:10 PM