AIR WANT BLOW OUT OF CORRECT VENT

2002 Ford Ranger

pilot330

May, 20, 2011 AT 4:53 PM

When I turn on my a/c unit the air will only blow out of the deforst vent on top of dash instead of front vent. Is it a vacum problem? Can I fix it?

thanks for anything advice you can provide.

Docfixit

May, 20, 2011 AT 5:24 PM

Yes would agree vacuum problem. Check to see if supply hose is attached engine comp. Near evaporator box. If good then need to remove control head check mode switch.

Wrenchtech

May, 20, 2011 AT 5:35 PM

The mode selection is done through a series of air doors that are operated by vacuum. When there is either a partial or total loss of vacuum, the system will default to either defrost or on some vehicles, heat. Acceleration can also have an effect on the doors for the same reason.

Look under the hood for a small black plastic hose coming through the firewall. Follow it to the vacuum source looking for any breaks, cracks or leaks. Also follow any other lines that branch off because they may go to a vacuum reservoir (storage tank) and a leak there will cause the same problem. Using a vacuum gauge to determine if you have full vacuum at any given point is the best way to find it. You can cut into the line anywhere and splice it back together with a piece of vacuum hose. Find the broken line, you found your problem.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement