I AM GETTING HIGH VOLTAGE

• coltharp
  • 2002 Ford Focus

Their is a clicking, clicking sound that comes on when driving and some times it make the battery light come on. Battery is good, changed two relay switches and a fuse already, changed the terminals on battery. It's not the alternator, it was replaced 2 yrs. Ago. The radio and lights still work when the clicking is going on, although if driving at night the headlights will flicker when the clicking starts. It the door indicator is on, due to door not closed all the away, when the clicking starts, then the indicator light will flick off and on at the same time, to the same beat of the clicking. We have checked every thing we know and have gone through the Ford book.

Friday, November 18th, 2011 AT 9:53 PM

• fixitmr

Does it do it while standing still or only when driving? And does it matter how many electrical items are turned on? Have you checked battery voltage when this occurs to see if it is steady around 14v?

Friday, November 18th, 2011 AT 10:05 PM
  • coltharp

Yes it does it even when I'm at a light, I'm afraid the car will die. Some times if it keeps going off alot and fast I will turn off the radioe and heater to see if it stops and it still does it just maybe not as fast. When the battery was checked it showed 15 the car was running and the headlight on and radio on.

Friday, November 18th, 2011 AT 10:20 PM
  • fixitmr

When vehicle is stopped can you determine the location of clicking? Is it very loud? 15+ volts to me is a high reading bordering overvoltage which may have effects on electrical parts.

Saturday, November 19th, 2011 AT 2:57 AM