I AM GETTING HIGH VOLTAGE

2002 Ford Focus

coltharp

November, 18, 2011 AT 9:53 PM

Their is a clicking, clicking sound that comes on when driving and some times it make the battery light come on. Battery is good, changed two relay switches and a fuse already, changed the terminals on battery. It's not the alternator, it was replaced 2 yrs. Ago. The radio and lights still work when the clicking is going on, although if driving at night the headlights will flicker when the clicking starts. It the door indicator is on, due to door not closed all the away, when the clicking starts, then the indicator light will flick off and on at the same time, to the same beat of the clicking. We have checked every thing we know and have gone through the Ford book.

fixitmr

November, 18, 2011 AT 10:05 PM

Does it do it while standing still or only when driving? And does it matter how many electrical items are turned on? Have you checked battery voltage when this occurs to see if it is steady around 14v?

coltharp

November, 18, 2011 AT 10:20 PM

Yes it does it even when I'm at a light, I'm afraid the car will die. Some times if it keeps going off alot and fast I will turn off the radioe and heater to see if it stops and it still does it just maybe not as fast. When the battery was checked it showed 15 the car was running and the headlight on and radio on.

fixitmr

November, 19, 2011 AT 2:57 AM

When vehicle is stopped can you determine the location of clicking? Is it very loud? 15+ volts to me is a high reading bordering overvoltage which may have effects on electrical parts.

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test