ENGINE IDLE

2002 Ford Focus

christopher100

February, 13, 2014 AT 9:00 PM

I'll try to explain the best I can. I have a ford focus zx5 5 speed transmission. It seems that at operating temperature, the car will have low idle when coming to a complete stop. I have had the pcv hose replaced, the maf sensor cleaned and the throttle plate cleaned. Also I have new spark plugs put in because they were a little dirty. The low idle will fluctuate then return to normal everytime I come to a stoplight or park my vehicle with engine still running. The vehicle acts like it wants to stall but it doesn't quite do so.

hmac300

February, 14, 2014 AT 7:26 AM

Check fuelpressure with a gauge autoparts rent them

christopher100

February, 14, 2014 AT 8:21 AM

I just found out that it could be the regulator to the alternator. It seems when the idle fluctuates when stopped, my headlights would flicker. During the daytime, my battery light briefly flashed on then off quickly. I had the battery charge tested and it was reading 15 volts, which is slightly over the normal charge for this vehicle.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars