CAM BELT JUMPED

2002 Ford Focus

astragolf

July, 7, 2014 AT 9:38 AM

Took my car to a garage to get a service and renew the cam belt, picked my car up and after going to my sons my car would not start the engine had seized cam belt had jumped, got on the phone the garage came out and transported it to the work shop, they had the car two days and no one phoned, so I rang ou to find out what had happend, and was told the car mecanic had for got to tighten up the cam belt, the garage had to stripped down and rebuild the engine, fine got it back and after taking my son to the airport, the car behind me informed me I was losing a lot of blue smoke, so now its back in the garage again, how do I stand, they addmitted it was their fault that the car is like it is.

saturntech9

July, 7, 2014 AT 10:32 AM

I dont understand why they had to rebuild the engine?Worse case a couple of valves were bent.I would tell them you want another engine at this point.

astragolf

July, 7, 2014 AT 12:48 PM

Well when they stripped it down they found the pistons head had been damaged, it took 3 exhaust valves and two inlet.

saturntech9

July, 7, 2014 AT 6:46 PM

Then they should have replaced the engine sounds like they didnt fix it correctly I would ask for a complete engine at this point.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Dodge Ram
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla