HOW TO REMOVE MY MOTOR

2002 Ford F-150

dave2984

August, 10, 2014 AT 5:35 PM

Hi guys I like to know the easiest and simplest way to take out my motor I want swap motors soon and I would like to know fastest and easiest way if you have a link to a video where a tutorial is shown or a diagram showing step by step it would deeply appreciated thanks guys!

Wiring Issue?

hmac300

August, 11, 2014 AT 5:50 AM

There are no videos for that on here and it's an involved thing to do so best bet is to rent a manual on site here. You can print out instructions.

dave2984

August, 11, 2014 AT 11:13 AM

Ok another question would it more time consuming and harder to change the head gasket than changing the whole motor and in you r own perspective is it difficult to change the motor thanks!

hmac300

August, 11, 2014 AT 1:19 PM

Replacing amotor for me isn't hard as I've done this for 50 yrs and know what to do but I dont' know your skill level. A head gasket with a 4.6l could be bad for you as you need to retime camshafts when you put head back on and if not done right can bend valves.

dave2984

August, 11, 2014 AT 5:41 PM

Ok what is the hardest part of taking out and reinstalling the new motor.

hmac300

August, 11, 2014 AT 5:56 PM

Nothing really just make sure you get everything disconnected without breaking it and putting it back in without damaging the pump in the transmission by letting the torconverter move. Time consuming but get a manual for step by step

dave2984

August, 11, 2014 AT 7:19 PM

Can I take the intake off without screwing up the gaskets!

dave2984

August, 11, 2014 AT 7:31 PM

Reason for the head gasket question was if my timing was was off for about a year while driving it could of that caused my head gasket to go cause that pretty much the reason why im changing my motor!

hmac300

August, 12, 2014 AT 3:59 AM

Which timing cam or dist. You can't adjust ignition timing so it was a computer problem an dif you take the intake off you have to replace the gaskets anyhow same with anything you take off. Your best bet to have a pro look at this and give you an estimate of how much it will cost to fix may be cheaper than what you are trying to accopmplish.

dave2984

August, 13, 2014 AT 1:12 PM

Hi again the motor i'm replacing in my truck is from a 98 crown Victoria 4.6l v8 pretty much the same motor right I think the last issue I have is that are the oil pan from the car is going to fit right on my truck once I bolt it on could there be a slight difference in them and will it cause a problem!

hmac300

August, 13, 2014 AT 4:52 PM

Take the truck oil pan off and put it on the other motor. Also make sure the pickup for the pump is correct. And yes it could be a huge problem because it can hit objects in truck and sump may not pickupoil and fry the other motor. Like I said get a manual I have no further comments. You can rent it here and print out what you need.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger