BATTERY HAD A DEAD CELL

2002 Dodge Ram

IFOLSOM

June, 8, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

I parked my truck in my garage for 6 days. I cam back and tried to start it. Battery had a dead cell. Could this affect the alternator? Yes I am the owner of a 2002 dodge ram 1500 sport. I parked my truck in my garage for 6 days while I was on a trip. I cam back and tried to start the truck and it would not start. I had the battery checked and it was dead from a bad cell. I put a knew one in the truck and it will still not start. Do you know the problem?

June, 8, 2012 AT 10:24 PM

I put a knew one in the truck and it will still not start. Meaning it will crank over and will no start or just won't crank at all/nothing when key is turn over?

IFOLSOM

June, 8, 2012 AT 11:10 PM

The truck will not turn over, it will just make a click noise.

June, 8, 2012 AT 11:18 PM

Do below

**No crank at all/nothing/nada when key is engage to starting position

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery condition and connections are good. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard.

IFOLSOM

June, 9, 2012 AT 2:46 AM

When I turn the key it makes a click and sounds like it wants to turn but it does not. But you have to pay close attention when turning the key because if not then you will not here it trying to turn over.

cadieman

June, 9, 2012 AT 3:04 AM

Try tapping the starter to see if it starts. Check the voltage at the starter it should be the same as the battery.

IFOLSOM

June, 9, 2012 AT 3:07 AM

Even if the starter is brand new? Will it haven given out so quickly?

June, 9, 2012 AT 2:50 PM

Turn the ignition switch On-short out the battery and the small terminal on the starter motor and see if it'll crank over-if it does-check and test the starter relay, transmission position switch and ignition switch

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement