When removing an airbag for any reason other than DEPLOYMENT.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Wait one minute for the reserve capacitor to discharge before removing non-deployed module.
3. Remove instrument panel top cover. Refer to Body Instrument Panel, Instrument panel Top Cover, Removal.
4. Remove three screws to glove box door and remove door from instrument panel.
Fig.15 Passenger Airbag Remove/Install
5. Remove three passenger airbag cover screws attaching cover to top of instrument panel.
6. Remove two passenger airbag cover screws attaching cover to front lower instrument panel.
7. Remove three airbag attaching nuts from the support structure.
8. Lift the airbag up until the wire connector is visible and disconnect the connector.