MY CAR SHAKES AND NOT ENOUGH POWER

• Ag046
  • 2002 Dodge Neon

My 2002 dodge neon shakes when I come to a stop also it seems to not have enough power When I go to take off

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 5:50 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Sounds like it is missfiring. Have the compression checked, fuel pressure checked and spark tested. I bet it needs a good old fashion complete tune up

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 6:20 PM
  • Integrity Auto Care

I am working on an '03 Neon right now with the same problem. The compression on cylinder #1 is low; not sure why yet. I would check compression (or have a mechanic do it) before you replace any tune up parts. There are quick and simple ways to determine which cylinder is misfiring without replacing any parts and to determin whether it is the spark plug, plug wire, coil, fuel injector, or something internal (low compression).

Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 AT 3:14 PM
  • cobys68chevy

PUT NEW PLUGS IN, IF NO IMPROVEMENT IN PERFORMANCE, AND DEPENDING ON MILES TIMING BELT MAY BE STRETCHED AND READY TO FAIL. THE KILLER OF NEONS

Saturday, October 13th, 2012 AT 1:56 AM