MY CAR SHAKES AND NOT ENOUGH POWER

2002 Dodge Neon

Ag046

July, 7, 2012 AT 5:50 PM

My 2002 dodge neon shakes when I come to a stop also it seems to not have enough power When I go to take off

July, 7, 2012 AT 6:20 PM

Sounds like it is missfiring. Have the compression checked, fuel pressure checked and spark tested. I bet it needs a good old fashion complete tune up

Integrity Auto Care

September, 11, 2012 AT 3:14 PM

I am working on an '03 Neon right now with the same problem. The compression on cylinder #1 is low; not sure why yet. I would check compression (or have a mechanic do it) before you replace any tune up parts. There are quick and simple ways to determine which cylinder is misfiring without replacing any parts and to determin whether it is the spark plug, plug wire, coil, fuel injector, or something internal (low compression).

cobys68chevy

October, 13, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

PUT NEW PLUGS IN, IF NO IMPROVEMENT IN PERFORMANCE, AND DEPENDING ON MILES TIMING BELT MAY BE STRETCHED AND READY TO FAIL. THE KILLER OF NEONS

Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma