SAYS THE CODE IS A P0301 (MISFIRE #1 CYLINDER)

• Dkdennis0702
  • 2002 Dodge Dakota

I have a 2002 dodge Dakota 3.9L. I was recently driving home one night and the check engine light came on (it stays on and does not blink)when I got home I hooked the truck up to the OBD II and I received a P0301 (#1 cylinder misfire). I tried replacing the Plugs, Wires, Distributor cap, Rotor, ignition coil, drive belt and the air filter and rest the code about 50 miles later the light came back on.

I switched the #3 fuel injector with the #1 to see if it was bad (it wasn't). I also checked the wires to the injectors to make sure they are getting power and they were. I checked the pressure coming from the fuel rail and it was at 49 PSI. I did a compression check and here are the results 1. 155 PSI, 3. 167 PSI, 5. 166 PSI, 2. 164 PSI, 4. 155 PSI, 6. 169 PSI.

I checked the vacuum pressure from the booster lines and set the idle to 2000 RPM (a smooth idle). The pressure was at 50 PSI with a tiny bounce in the needle and the gauge said it was a normal motor. Nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 AT 9:19 AM

• rasmataz

I recommend you check and test the crankshaft positioning sensor or replace it as you wish -start here and let me know

Thursday, July 12th, 2012 AT 9:34 AM
  • Dkdennis0702

Rasmataz, I tried the crankshaft sensor drove it 20 miles and the light came back on.

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 AT 12:07 AM
  • rasmataz

Go to this walk thru link for misfires:

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-misfires-or-runs-rough

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 AT 12:27 AM
  • Dkdennis0702

Rasmatz,

I had the truck hooked up to a computer and it said that cylinder #1 was not the problem and that it was actually cylinder #4 that had the miss. I guess 1 and 4 fire together. It also said that bank 2 (passenger Side) was running lean at idle but was ok while driving. Any advice?

Monday, July 30th, 2012 AT 3:25 AM
  • rasmataz

Replace the fuel injector at the #1 cylinder.

-1
Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 11:48 PM