WHAT IS CAUSING THE INJECTOR TO STAY OPEN

2002 Dodge Caravan

pchefsonya

August, 13, 2012 AT 11:36 PM

I have a 2002 Dodge caravan 3.3l that came in running rough. It would not communicate with the scanner. I replaced the PCM and still no communication with scanner. Compression test showed no compression on cylinder 1. Rings were washed out in that cylinder from Injector 1 dumping fuel. Installed new engine and still no communication with scanner and still dumping fuel on Injector 1. ANy ideas where to go from here?

August, 14, 2012 AT 12:04 AM

Remove the harness to the cylinder and see if it still dumps fuel. It may be a bad injector

pchefsonya

August, 14, 2012 AT 12:11 AM

I unhooked the harness at the injector and installed a NOID lite, instead of a pulse I got straight NOID light, steady light no blinking.

August, 14, 2012 AT 12:20 AM

Ok, the return wire to the pcm is grounded causing this condition. You need to trace the wire back to the pcm to find the ground.

pchefsonya

August, 14, 2012 AT 12:24 AM

Does each injector have its own ground or are all the injectors on one ground?

August, 14, 2012 AT 12:26 AM

Each have there own ground but the ground is the pcm. You have a wire that is grounded before it hits the pcm.

pchefsonya

August, 14, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

Would you recommend undoing the crossover pipe on the exhaust for easier access to the wiring and un-taping the wire loom and check manually the whole way or is there an easier way to track it down?

August, 14, 2012 AT 1:42 AM

Find the color of the wire and trace it every 2 or 3 feet. You will have to remove whatever is necessary to get to the wire.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Replacing Head Gasket
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Nitro