I DESPERATELY NEED SOME HELP WITH MY DAEWOO ...

2002 Daewoo Tacuma

travandalicia

January, 15, 2013 AT 12:01 AM

I desperately need some help with my daewoo tacuma. I had a mechanic come out to change over a leaking coolant hose for him to say I need to change the radiator hose as well. My car was running fine and good temp when I filled with coolant and drove higher speed for 15mins to check if head gasket was damaged and it never got higher than normal temperature and was running fine with no coolant spraying from gasket, but leaking from hose below. The mechanic came out the next day and took 4hours to change coolant hose and 4hours next day to change radiator hose, in the process the mechanic badly cut the crank angle sensor cord and could not start the car. He than took another hour or so and when he left he said everything was fine and we jumped in straight away, without telling us about the damaged cord. When I started the car it fired up so quickly with half a turn of the key, got 500m up the road and my engine died with the engine light appearing as well as my air bag light and others. I called him straight away and he said he did not want to tell us that the crank angle sensor cord was rubbed/burnt which I find insane as two different mechanic from the same company came out later and realized how badly its been cut. I have a message from mechanic claiming rubbing for my evidence and have photo's of the damaged cord. My car will not start now, we have changed the coil and the crank angle sensor cord but still will not fire up, it attempts to turn over but creates no spark. I have an auto electrician coming today but need some advise as they are trying to blame the problem on me. The buttons on my key still works but can it be the immobilizer or could he have fried something electronically or shorted something. I did read on your site it could possibly be fuel injector being shorted by the crank angle sensor cord. The normal mechanic sent by company could not figure it out as everything is registering ok when tested and fuses seems fine. I just find it frustrating that I have a message with him lying about the original problem of cutting the cord and not telling us and now I have had no car for 6 days just because of two hoses being changed over. Please help

January, 15, 2013 AT 12:24 AM

First, a tech should have a scan tool and can read if the crank sensor is sending a signal. The crank sensor is what controls the injectors firing sequence.

As far as the harness, how much was replaced? Did anyone test it when it was repaired?

You are sure there is no spark? Is there any codes in the system?

travandalicia

January, 15, 2013 AT 12:38 AM

From what I understand the crank sensor was sending signal but still no spark, this was tested before reaching coil. When the normal mechanics tested everything the codes seemed fine and no fuses blown, but they're sending out an auto electrician to source the problem today. Maybe I just need to wait to see what he says.

Harness?

Thank you for your time.

January, 15, 2013 AT 12:41 AM

I wish I could help more but I am here and not there to touch and feel the car.

Look around the entire area he worked at

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz