Is this an easy fix that I could do myself? I honestly don't really know what i'm doing.
I was able to take off my door panel and plastic covering and took off all the screws, but I was only able to take out my motor halfway. Do I have to cut the wires attached to the regulator to get out the entire unit? The window won't go any further down even if I push on it, and if I slide it up, it always lowers to a certain level.
Is this what I should do?
1) take off the panels, plastic and screws
2) lift the window up and support it with window holders
3) cut off the wires? ( Where and how do the wires attach to the window glass? I can't really see well inside my door and I kinda wanna cut whatever cables I see and try to pull everything out, but i'm not sure if that's the right thing to do)
4) take everything out and replace with a new unit? ( How does the window fit onto the new unit? )
5) plug in the electrical connects and see if it works?
Or instead of buying a new unit, is there a way for me to just replace the cable instead?
Friday, January 2nd, 2015 AT 10:05 AM