TEMPERATURE GAUGE AND FAN

• Daz128
  • 2002 CITROEN ZARA

Hi im having problems with my citreon picasso xsara 1.6 petrol no a/c. When I start the car it goes to overheating on the gauge with a message on dash saying stop. Also fan cuts in straight away I have installed new rad, cooling fan and temperature sensor, but still the same ive been reading on other forums regarding this and some people have stated that it cant be a relay as it goes straight through ecu but mine has got a relay switch built into the fan housing, so im abit confused and concerned please if you can help out at all it will be much appreciated. Darren

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

• ASEMaster6371

I would look at the thermostat as well.

Did you overheat this prior to this repair? I would get a leak down test to verify the head gasket is ok.

Thursday, June 14th, 2012 AT 1:22 AM
  • Daz128

Hi roy thanks for getting back to me. I had a leak in rad that I guess had something to do with it and when I checked the water bottle it was empty so may well of overheated I have taken it to a couple of garages and they have said could be relay could be sensor or wireing fault but they are abit reluctant to give me more info.

Thursday, June 14th, 2012 AT 12:58 PM

Other Instrument Cluster Gauge Engine Temperature Replace/Remove Questions