FRONT PASS DOOR

2002 Citroen Xsara

Peterbowles

July, 17, 2011 AT 8:14 PM

Citroen xsara. I am unable to open the passenger front door. Assuming I am able to remove the door panel, is there anyway to be able to release the lock to allow me to open the door.
Regards, Peter Bowles.

Heater Door Won't Open

Rear Door Will Not Open

mhpautos

July, 17, 2011 AT 11:53 PM

You should be able to trigger the lock after removing an intrusion cover, I have done this on other makes, but not yours, I did find it easier to remove the seat this made removing the trim so much easier as well.

Peterbowles

July, 18, 2011 AT 9:02 AM

Hi. Thank you for your advice. As this will be the third lock I have changed, I have the old locks, could you tell me where the release trigger is as it is not obvious on the locks I have removed.
Regards, Peter.

mhpautos

July, 18, 2011 AT 9:32 AM

Have no idea without seeing it, if you have a lock in hand, just have a good look and you should be able to nut it out, basically look at the levers, the one that is moved by the internal or external handle will operate the trigger, normally there is just a broken spring that fails, a close inspection will reveal this I feel.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda